We Supply Firewood Throughout Christchurch
Davies Firewood supplies and promptly delivers split, clean and dry firewood to homes throughout Christchurch and its surrounding rural areas all throughout the year. View Firewood Prices
- Free delivery within Christchurch – Monday to Friday.
- We only deliver; sorry no pick ups of boot or trailer loads.
- Our payment term are cheque, cash or internet banking.
- A $10 delivery fee applies only for deliveries to Kaiapoi and nearby rural areas that are less than 9m³ (ie West Melton, Rolleston, Prebbleton, Lincoln, Burnham).
- A $20 delivery fee applies only to hill suburbs.
- A $20 delivery fee applies for Saturday deliveries. Remember Monday to Friday does not have this delivery fee. No Saturday deliveries left for Winter 2018.
- Delivery fees are per delivery; not per 3m³.
- Conditions may apply to 3m³deliveries to nearby rural areas or for hill suburbs – please enquire.
- 12m³ deliveries are possible. Please enquire.
- The best time of year to buy wood is in the Spring, Summer and the beginning of Autumn. There is more choice of wood. Prices are at their cheapest for Spring deliveries. Wood can be delivered much more promptly in Spring and Summer. And the weather is warm and dry and not cold and rainy like in Autumn and Winter meaning wood is in its best condition. SO get organised well ahead of Winter.
- When you buy your wood, have delivered the full amount that you will need for the whole Winter. We cannot guarantee we will have wood to sell through the whole Winter.
- If you are ordering wood in Autumn and Winter expect 5 to 6 weeks’ delay before delivery as this is the peak firewood buying season.
- Stack your wood where it will get good air flow but is protected from the rain (eg carport, lean to, open ended or open front shed). Don’t stack your wood in a garage or an enclosed shed.
- Remember if it has rained at your place, it has rained at our firewood yard so the wood will get rain on it.
- Start your fire using kindling. We have kindling at $8.00 per bag or reduced to $7.00 a bag if you buy 8 or more bags. Great if you don’t like or don’t have time to cut kindling.
|Premium Mix (half Oregon and half Blue Gum)||$370||$720||$1080|
Kindling – $8.00 per bag; 8 or more bags $7.00 a bag
- All our wood is cut to 31-34cm in length except ETHOS/XEOOS wood.
- ETHOS/XEOOS wood is cut to 28 to 31cm in length and appx 20-23cm in width for ETHOS and XEOOS woodburners and other logburners with small fireboxes.